~ www.larkin.net.au ~
TeachTech has moved to here!

Please note that this entire blog has moved to www.larkin.net.au and these pages will no longer be updated. Please update your links and feeds.

Friday, September 7, 2007

Web Site and Network Upgrade

This evening I updated 33 pages of my web site. Using the Site Management tool in Macromedia Dreamweaver is quite easy. I was able to alter the various pages quite quickly and ftp the updated pages to the server. My hosting is provided by ICDSoft and I am using their servers in Hong Kong as opposed to the USA. They are on a similar time zone and the occasional email for advice or support is always responded to within minutes. I have been with them for over two years now and the service has been excellent.

I also upgraded the security on the wireless network here at home. I upgraded the base station and the two satellite stations linked to the printer and the two stereos. I reset the wireless access on the MacBook Pro, my wife's Toshiba Satellite (Windows Vista) as well as the two PC laptops (Windows XP) that belong to our two overseas students. Their laptops use the Chinese Language Kit however that presented no problem. Everything is running smoothly and it is good that the network is now more secure.

I feel a little chuffed that I was able to do all this. Not bad for a history teacher.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Name: John Larkin
Occupation: Educator
Hometown: Wollongong, NSW.
Favorite Quotes:
"To get what you want you must learn to give up wanting".
Now Reading:

Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton.
The Early Asimov by Isaac Asimov.


Me on the web
John Larkin
Flickr
Del.icio.us
Jaiku
Twitter
LiveFM
Prisoner of War
EdTech Blogroll
Friends et al

Twitter