~ www.larkin.net.au ~
TeachTech has moved to here!

Please note that this entire blog has moved to www.larkin.net.au and these pages will no longer be updated. Please update your links and feeds.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Never mix powerpoint and live web demonstration

I gave a presentation on Web 2.0 this afternoon. The session was recorded and the software combines the video of the presentation with the powerpoint live. I do not particularly like to use powerpoints and I felt constrained. I needed to flick over to Firefox to demonstate blogs, wikis, flickr and the like. It was disjointed somewhat. I was not too happy at the end. The feedback was okay. I guess my enthusiasm managed to help mask some of the perceived anomalies at my end.

One thing was particularly bad. Swicki results now have sponsored links and they are not intuitive like Googles adverts and some of the sponsored links were appalling. I am going to investigate this further.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Name: John Larkin
Occupation: Educator
Hometown: Wollongong, NSW.
Favorite Quotes:
"To get what you want you must learn to give up wanting".
Now Reading:

Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton.
The Early Asimov by Isaac Asimov.


Me on the web
John Larkin
Flickr
Del.icio.us
Jaiku
Twitter
LiveFM
Prisoner of War
EdTech Blogroll
Friends et al

Twitter