~ www.larkin.net.au ~
TeachTech has moved to here!

Please note that this entire blog has moved to www.larkin.net.au and these pages will no longer be updated. Please update your links and feeds.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Web 2.0 Links and Resources for Teachers

My Web 2.0 workshop page was becoming cluttered with links so a dedicated Web 2.0 links page was born. I have attempted to categorise the links according to the following questions:

What is Web 2.0?
Where can I find some Web 2.0 tools?
What are blogs and how do they work?
What is a wiki? How do they work?
What is podcasting? How can I use it with my students?
What will happen after Web 2.0?

I also tidied up the resources for teachers that are available for download from the Web 2.0 workshop web page.

If you have a favourite Web 2.0 link or tool that you would like to share please add a comment. It would be much appreciated.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, you might want to add

(i) www.shelfari.com - promotion tool for literacy, sharing of books, etc ... good for english (any languages) literature or reading classes. basically book sharing

(ii)www.xtimeline.com - sharing timeline events ...good for historical tracks, geograpical events or project milestones ...

Wonderful tools for a teachers that blog a lots on their subject that they are teaching ...

November 5, 2007 at 2:55 AM  
Blogger pinto said...

Shouldn't this list be in a wiki? ;)

November 5, 2007 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger john said...

Kenneth and Hazman, thank you for your comments.

Hazman, I have added your recommendations to the page as well as an acknowledgment.

Kenneth, I know I should and could use a Wiki for the links yet at this stage I find I can produce more elegant pages using Dreamweaver. Please allow me that sweet indulgence.

Cheers, John.

November 5, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Name: John Larkin
Occupation: Educator
Hometown: Wollongong, NSW.
Favorite Quotes:
"To get what you want you must learn to give up wanting".
Now Reading:

Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton.
The Early Asimov by Isaac Asimov.


Me on the web
John Larkin
Flickr
Del.icio.us
Jaiku
Twitter
LiveFM
Prisoner of War
EdTech Blogroll
Friends et al

Twitter