~ www.larkin.net.au ~
TeachTech has moved to here!

Please note that this entire blog has moved to www.larkin.net.au and these pages will no longer be updated. Please update your links and feeds.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wordpress installed on server

Last night I installed Wordpress on the server that hosts my web site. I had to initiate a SQL database and a specific mySQL user for the Wordpress app. I only had one setback. The password for the mySQL user was one character too short. The faqs and instructions provided by my host were excellent. My web site is hosted by ICDSoft. They always respond to my inquiries rapidly.

I have sought assistance to create a specific wordpress template to meet my needs. I played around with some existing templates and their php files however I find that my knowledge is not up to par. I could persist with the task however I think that will take up too much time. It is best to seek the assistance of an expert who could probably create a better template in one tenth of the time.

Once the new template is complete I will add the template as a theme and begin blogging on the new site. I will import the posts from four separate blogspot blogs.... TeachTech, Prisoner of War, Pyxellate and The Adventurers' Club. I will use pages and categories to differentiate between major themes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Name: John Larkin
Occupation: Educator
Hometown: Wollongong, NSW.
Favorite Quotes:
"To get what you want you must learn to give up wanting".
Now Reading:

Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton.
The Early Asimov by Isaac Asimov.


Me on the web
John Larkin
Flickr
Del.icio.us
Jaiku
Twitter
LiveFM
Prisoner of War
EdTech Blogroll
Friends et al

Twitter